Melbourne has a lot of well located function venues that are suitable for corporate events, making the city one of the most admired cities in Australia for business.
With so many options available to you it may be difficult to select the best among them. You may choose one for a large seminar, a conference, a wedding, or a team building session. However, choosing a right venue will have a large impact on your event.
If you follow these tips it will surely make your event a successful and amazing one –
- Your goal should be clear – First of all set a goal- what you want to do, how you will do and whether you can manage or not? Do you want to attract or invite media, create alertness, build a mailing list of potential clients? Then determine the type of event you are doing and achieve your target.
- Cost effectiveness– As a budget planner, you may want to keep the cost of venue down to allow more room free for entertainment, food and beverages. If there is no date restriction, you can book the venue during off days, it will save your money. For example, we love hosting events at Melbourne’s best function venue – the Harbour Kitchen, just because its so cost effective venue to host a birthday party or even a christmas event.
- Create a list of guests– A guest list should be ready with you at all times. With it you can decide the budget, arrange the banquet hall, and look towards the decorations. And if in the guest list you realise that any VIP is arriving, you can make arrangements to welcome him or her.
- Choose a feasible location– If the venue isn’t accessible for people to attend, chances are many of your guests will not show up. For example, if you are hosting a conference or a seminar, be sure that everyone has easy access to the venue via public transport. An area in the center of the city might be suitable.
- Good team mates– You should allocate responsibilities with respect to the venue to concerned team members. Each contributor should know his or her work assigned, so it does not create any confusion and make your event a success. You should divide the work in a systematic manner.
- Ambiance– Do not ignore this point. Pay interest to the existing decor within the venue. What kind of structural design is used and what kind of interiors are displayed while organizing a event should be known.
- Facilities and services provided– You should also check the facilities and services that are being provided to you. Does the venue have a kitchen and can it provide the same to you for catering? Does it have a cleanup crew? Does it have tables, chairs or sheets you can use? Does it have AV capabilities? Can you use the projector? These minute and detailed things will reduce the burden of you and make you feel more relax, if these facilities are provided to you. One important aspect along with this is finding an appropriate and reputed catering company for food related services.
- Parking– You need to check whether the venue has parking facility or not. If not than you can rent out or reserve nearby parking area. You may also offer valet parking for the event; you can even encourage guests to share a ride.
Finding the right venue for the event can take a quite a bit of your time, but if you want that your event is appreciated and recognized by the guests, just follow the simple tips and make your event a grand success.
If you are looking for affordable catering, contact us today to learn more about our services and make your next event unforgettable.
Are you looking for destination around Melbourne? Call Lux mini bus hire today.